Accessibility links

Login Layer

Top Navigation

Consent to disposals

The RPCON forms below and other documents such as Disposing of Land are updated from time to time. Always download the latest version from our website.

The Homes and Communities Agency, acting through its Regulatory Committee, has taken on the consent functions of the TSA.  Consents are now given by HCA in the name of the Regulator of Social Housing (“the Regulator”). Please read any references to the ‘TSA’ in the documents below as being references to the Regulator where appropriate.

"Disposing of Land" is the Regulator’s main guidance on consent to disposals.

The regulator has taken over from the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) the giving of consents to private registered providers under section 133 of the Housing Act 1988 for the disposal of social housing. The application form is RPCON 3 and Disposing of Land contains guidance.

The regulator has also taken over from DCLG the giving of consents to private registered providers under section 171D of the Housing Act 1985, section 81 of the Housing Act 1988 and section 173 of the Local Government and Housing Act 1989.  General consents given by DCLG in 2005, under s.133 and s.171D of the Housing Act 1985 remain valid as if given by the regulator.

The regulator has also given a general consent to disposals by unregistered housing associations and a general direction under section 176 of the Housing and Regeneration Act 2008 giving non-profit private registered providers a dispensation from sending the Regulator details of disposals other than social housing dwellings.

Further enquiries

Please direct enquiries (but not applications) to on telephone 0300 1234 500.

The new e-mail address for applications and documents is



General Consents


Consents archive

Add to which folder?
Add to which folder?