Exploration Drive, Leicester
Plot available for B1(b) Research and High Technology Uses
- Freehold of 1.191 hectare development plot available to technology, research and development organisations to complement the proposed neighbouring Innovation Centre and existing Space Science Museum;
- Located within the growing Abbey Meadows Science Park, the site has been allocated by Leicester City Council for B1(b) development;
- Clearly defined site ready for development subject to planning permission;
- Mains services available to the site;
- Surrounding sites currently under offer.
Agent Contact: Innes England, 0116 255 5455
Description of Opportunity:
Located one mile to the north of Leicester City Centre, the site lies within the developing Abbey Meadows Science Park. The Park forms part of the wider Abbey Meadows Regeneration Area and is accessed off Abbey Lane, one of the City’s primary arterial routes linking to both the inner and outer ring roads. The Park is currently home to the National Space Science Museum and a recent residential development.
The available site is identified for B1(b) (research and development) in the adopted Core Strategy. A planning application for a supermarket to the south of Exploration Drive is currently under consideration. As part of the s106 agreement for the supermarket, it is anticipated that the land to the west of the advertised plot will be developed as a research facility. Site to the east of the plot has detailed planning permission for an Innovation Centre and a high tech manufacturing development.
The HCA owns the freehold of the plot.