Resolution to grant detailed planning permission achieved for Stone House Hospital site
Published date : 29 June 2011
Development partners, Ward Homes, the PJ Livesey Group, Moat and the Homes and Communities Agency are delighted that Dartford Borough Council has agreed a resolution to grant detailed planning permission and listed building consent for the redevelopment of Stone House Hospital on Cotton Lane, Dartford.
The development will encompass a total of 260 homes comprising 167 newly built houses and apartments by Ward Homes and the PJ Livesey Group, including 23 affordable homes available through Moat, along with 93 converted houses and apartments by the PJ Livesey Group.
The 15.1 acre site has remained vacant since the National Health Service closed the former hospital in 2007. The redevelopment will also provide generous grounds for informal recreation including an area of informal play for young children along with an activity trail for teenagers. The PJ Livesey Group is also converting the former Chapel into offices and detailed plans will be drawn up shortly.
Representatives from the development partners were at the committee meeting to hear the decision. James Woodmansee, development director at the PJ Livesey Group, comments:
“I think it reflects our dedication to the project and commitment to the community. We are delighted that after many years of hard work and a lot of blood sweat and tears, work can now finally start on this very important and historic site. It has been a real team effort and we intend to be on site as soon as possible to bring these buildings back into use.”
Nick Fenton, managing director of Ward Homes, says:
“This is really great news. We can now look forward to creating a safe, accessible and vibrant place to live with a distinctive and diverse range of homes to suit a variety of lifestyles both now and in the future.”
Naisha Polaine, head of area at the HCA, says:
“With the Stone House Hospital planning application now backed by the local authority, our partnership with the PJ Livesey Group, Ward Homes and Moat will ensure the site, including the listed buildings, are given a sustainable new lease of life. The development will not only deliver new and affordable homes, but also construction jobs and this will be a great boost to the Kent community.”
Sally Rice, Moat's director of development comments:
“Moat is delighted that planning permission has been given for this development and is looking forward to working with partners Ward Homes, the PJ Livesey Group and the Homes and Communities Agency, to deliver a high quality development.”
For more information on the privately owned homes contact Ward Homes on 01959 568400 (www.wardhomes.co.uk) or PJ Livesey on 0161 873 7878 (www.pjlivesey-group.co.uk). For information on the affordable homes, contact Moat on 0845 359 6161 (www.moat.co.uk).
For more media information please contact Nikki Ackerley or Emma Stevens at Property House Marketing on 01483 561119, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or contact Tim Abbott at the HCA on 0118 902 8441, or email email@example.com
Notes to Editors
The Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) is the single, national housing and regeneration delivery agency for England. Our vision is to create opportunity for people to live in homes they can afford in places they want to live, by enabling local authorities and communities to deliver the ambition they have for their own areas.
- For further information about Ward Homes please contact Rachel Colgan, Regional PR manager, on 07795 126562 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively please contact Seema Patel, Regional PR Officer, on 01923 297306 or email email@example.com
- Ward Homes is part of Barratt Group, which sold 11,377 homes in the last financial year, making it the biggest housebuilder by volume in Britain.
- Barratt Group was awarded a maximum five star rating for the second consecutive year in the 2011 Home Builders Federation Customer Satisfaction Survey.
- Barratt Group was named Housebuilder of the Year at the Daily Telegraph British Homes Awards 2010.
- In 2010 site managers working for Barratt Group won the highest number of NHBC Pride in the Job Quality Awards for a record sixth consecutive year.
- Barratt Group is the only housebuilder to guarantee the fixtures and fittings in place at the time of purchase of its new homes for five years.
- Barratt Group is also one of Britain's foremost sustainable housebuilders. It has now started on site at the Hanham Hall development near Bristol which will be the first Code for Sustainable Homes Level 6 community in the UK when it is completed.
- Images of a selection of developments are available to the media at http://www.barrattdevelopments.co.uk/media/photographs/davidwilsonhomes/
PJ Livesey Group
- For almost 30 years the P J Livesey Group has been at the forefront of specialist property development and restoration in the UK, taking an uncompromising approach that puts quality first every time.
- The company, based in Trafford Park Manchester, was founded in 1979 and we have built our reputation through the painstaking renovation of some of the finest period properties in the country. Projects such as High Lawn, Bostock Hall, Wyfold Court and Ingress Abbey won immediate acclaim and the company has saved and brought back into use more than 25 Grade II listed buildings.
- Over the years we have won many accolades, with recent achievements including an award for the Best Apartment in the North West, and a number of NHBC Pride in the Job awards.
- We believe we have a responsibility to protect and care for the environment, and we take our responsibilities seriously.
- The centrepiece of every P J Livesey Group development is a period building, meaning that every home we create is built on previously developed land, which means we protect the green and pleasant land surrounding us.
- In addition, through our painstaking restoration processes we estimate that 70% of the existing materials within the existing buildings are reused – true sustainable development. We then use recyclable materials in all our homes and ensure we preserve as much of the existing flora and fauna as possible, as we believe success should not come at a price.
- Our quest to minimise the environmental impact of our business continues through the constant sourcing of new technologies to incorporate in our developments. Our aim is a simple one, to protect and enhance our environment for the future.
- The P J Livesey Group is the name behind some of the finest homes in the UK, and our pedigree is a proud one.
- For more information on past and current developments go to: www.pjlivesey-group.co.uk
- For specific media inquiries please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07812 338808
Moat is a housing association providing affordable homes in thriving communities for people in the South East. For over forty years, Moat has delivered high quality general needs homes for affordable rent, supported accommodation and tenancy support services, and has a strong affordable home ownership offer.
Moat is one of the Homes and Communities Agency’s development partners and is also the government appointed Local HomeBuy Agent in Essex, Kent and Sussex. Employing 420 people, Moat provides excellent customer service to residents of our 15,000 affordable rented and shared ownership homes.