Accessibility links

Login Layer

Top Navigation

Buying or renting a home

If you can’t afford to buy a home, there are government schemes in England that can help.

These schemes include:

  • Help to Buy equity loan - which makes new build homes available to purchasers struggling to buy
  • Help to Buy shared ownership - buy a brand new homes on a part buy / part rent basis
  • HOLD - home ownership for people with long-term disabilities
  • Right to acquire - which gives eligible tenants the legal right to buy the home they are renting from Registered Providers of social housing
  • Renting a home - housing associations provide affordable rented housing for many different sectors of the community, seeking to help the most disadvantaged.

Contact your local Help to Buy agent to find out more about Help to Buy, including specialist products, or download a list of agents. Find out what other affordable housing schemes are available to help you buy or rent a home on the GOV.UK website. 

Add to which folder?
Add to which folder?

Capital Funding Guide

Rules and procedures for housing associations that have received grants through the Affordable Homes Programme
» view the guide

SIGnet spatial analysis tool

» Mapping housing data all in one place. Find out more